The problem of scars is always bothering me. Especially if the scar is large Thickening and convexity in obvious areas can spoil the confidence of living. Scar Revision Surgery is another interesting option for reducing scars. Regain confidence again
Note : Find out more about cosmetic surgery https://www.bangmodaesthetic.com/article/content09012020
Know the scar
A scar is the scar left after the wound has completely healed. If the scar is aligned with the skin crease the scar will not be evident because it is hidden in the skin Therefore, accidental scars are often more pronounced than surgical scars.
Problem scars can be categorized according to their characteristics:
- Problems with raised scars are usually caused by 2 conditions:
– Keloid scars (Keloid) is a wound that is convex outside the boundaries of the original wound and very itchy, often occurring in the chest area from heart surgery. from acne on the cleavage shoulder area from abscess Earlobe after ear piercing or elsewhere and complementary genetic factors.
– Hypertrophic Scars are caused by the body’s reaction to heal wounds. The scar is within the boundaries of the original wound.
- pitted scar
- Wide stretch wound from the original suture
- Scar Contracture, especially when the wound is linked between the joints
- Tension wounds
How to treat scar
There are several ways to treat scars, including:
- Injection for scar treatment It is a steroid injection into the scar. To soften the lump, reduce its size, reduce itching and reduce the bulge of the wound. They are usually injected 2 to 4 weeks apart, and will generally need to be continued until the clot subsides. Because if the injection is stopped, it can often cause new scars. Therefore, it is necessary to schedule follow-up visits every 2-3 months. thin skin, fat collapse which is difficult to fix The injection requires caution with the dosage of the medication and the needle position. The individual patient’s response to medication should therefore be injected by a specialized physician.
- Using a laser (Vbeam or Pulsed Dye Laser Treatment) to reduce redness. and reduce the blood vessels at the injection site
- Scar Revision surgery has the following steps:
– Cut off all scars and then sew again The new wound that is sewn will be a line without centipede legs.
– Cut off part of the problematic wound and suture the area. And when the wound has healed, the remainder of the scar is cut off again. or treat the rest with steroid injections. It is usually used in very large scars. Can’t cut it all once
– A wound that is in a tight position will need to change the suture direction to reduce the tightness of the wound.
Risks and Side Effects
General Risk – Wound pain, but pain can be relieved by taking painkillers.
Specific risk – the wound may heal and it may be enlarged or raised. In general, if corrected by a specialized surgeon, the chances of recovery will be better. Because there is a method of suturing the wound by reducing the tension and possibly changing the direction of the tension.
Preparation before scar correction surgery
– Inform the doctor about any health problems, serious diseases, congenital diseases, history of surgery and anesthesia, loose teeth, dentures and dental problems. including drug allergy, food allergy, etc.
– In the case of risky conditions or congenital diseases, physical preparation such as X-rays, blood tests, electrocardiograms will be obtained. or to consult a doctor specialized in internal medicine to be ready for surgery and general anesthesia
– Refrain from using certain medications, tonics, and herbs that may affect the surgery, such as painkillers, aspirin, vitamin D, vitamin C and cod liver oil, etc. at least 7 days before the surgery, and take personal medications and herbal medicines. who eat to the hospital to inform the doctor on the day of surgery
– Abstain from smoking about 1-2 weeks before surgery to prevent tissue ischemia. cause tissue death If a smoker You should let your doctor know that you smoke. And should refrain from smoking after the surgery for at least 1-2 weeks.
– Stop drinking alcohol within 24 hours before surgery. You should stop drinking alcohol at least 1 week after surgery.
– Take a shower to cleanse your body and wash your hair. Do not use cosmetics
– Abstain from food and water before surgery as ordered by the doctor This is to prevent aspiration of gastric juice or food particles from the stomach into the lungs during anesthesia. recovery from anesthesia
Care after surgery to correct scars
– Avoid sunburn after 1 month of stitching, or apply sunscreen lotion with SPF greater than or equal to 50 on the wound area.
– In some places where there is a lot of movement, such as around the mouth, plaster may be used to cover the wound area to prevent the wound from stretching.
– If the surgical wound is swollen, red, hot, see a doctor for follow-up.
– Duration of stitching is at the discretion of the doctor, face area 5 days, arms, torso and legs 7-10 days.
In order to heal scars, a combination of 2 to 3 treatments may be needed to achieve the best results. Because in general, no scar treatment is a hundred percent effective. In particular, scar correction surgery should be consulted with a specialist in detail. for proper treatment and satisfactory treatment results